Sweet Tea

Filed under , by Miranda on 1:03 AM

0

I have always enjoyed sweet tea at family gatherings and of course at Bojangles & ChikfilA. But I never made it at home, I was lazy. Seeing as we DON'T have anything even close to the formerly mentioned fast food places (which I'm sure has helped my waistline!), I have to make it if I want it. I'm loving this tea. It's my post-homeschool-after lunch-before language treat. My Mother in Law makes the best so here's her recipe (taken from THIS blog we both love)...

Mama Ray, do you know how much I miss your tea and watching you loving on us by waltzing around your kitchen? :) Just in case you don't, I'm re-naming this recipe after you...

Mama Ray's Sweet Tea:
2 Cups water
7 tea bags (or 3 family size)
1 Cup sugar (this is negotiable, I usually use 3/4 c. just so my blood sugar don't raise the roof)
Gallon Pitcher

Fill small pot with 2 cups water, bring it to a boil. Turn off heat and pour in sugar, mixing until dissolved. Take your tea bag tabs off and tie strings together to make it easy to grab out when steeping is done. Add tea bags and steep for 5-10 minutes. Scoop out tea bags and discard. Pour tea into gallon (or other) pitcher and fill rest of the way with water. Serve over ice!
*p.s. I am sure many of you have a go to sweet tea recipe - so simple and such a staple - but I didn't, so if you need one, here it is *



Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment