Chicken Tenders

Filed under , by Miranda on 3:20 AM

0




I got this recipe from a good friend. I've tried a few chicken tender recipes and I keep going back to this one. I am sure this would work for nuggets too but I always love tenders.

Marinate your chicken breast/tender pieces in 1 cup of buttermilk and 1 egg (anywhere between 1 hour and overnight). I like to use the big chicken breasts and cut them up. That way they’re still pretty thick and don’t get dried out while frying.

Dry Coating:
1c. Flour
1c. Dry bread crumbs
2tsp garlic powder
1tsp salt
1tsp Emeril’s original essence (or another seasoning you like - cajun, etc.)
1tsp paprika
1/2 tsp black pepper

Dump ingredients for coating in plastic bag and mix. Add chicken pieces and coat. (I double-dip them, return them to the buttermilk mixture and then back in the dry coating. It makes them so crispy and the coating stays on while you fry them.)

Fry chicken in about a 1/2 c. of oil in a flat-bottomed skillet until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
Enjoy!

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment