Rosemary Roasted Chicken Noodle Soup

Filed under , by Miranda on 11:54 PM

0

This is great comfort food. It's a great chicken noodle soup with lots of flavor. I usually roast my vegetables in the morning and then throw the soup together in the evening to simmer. I usually double this so we have leftovers the next day.

2-3 large carrots, diced small
1 large onion, chopped
1 c. celery, chopped
1 red or orange bell pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 c chopped mushrooms (I always omit b/c my hubby doesn't prefer mushrooms)
2 T olive oil
2 T rosemary

3-4 garlic cloves, minced
2 T butter
1/4-1/2 t. salt (or more if broth doesn't add enough flavor)
1/4-1/2 t. pepper or garlic pepper
pinch of paprika or cayenne, depending on your taste
1 lb. uncooked chicken breast, chopped in small chunks
1 C water
4 14 oz. cans chicken broth (I use granules or homemade)
2 c. pasta (any kind will work but I like to break up spaghetti into small pieces)


Preheat oven to 375. Toss all chopped vegetables in large bowl with olive oil until well covered. Toss with salt, pepper and rosemary. Arrange in a thin layer on a baking sheet. I like to sprinkle some garlic salt and a little more rosemary over the top of veggies. Bake for 45-50 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.

Combine butter and fresh garlic in large soup pot for a few minutes. Add chicken and spices. Cook until browned. Add water, chicken broth and roasted vegetables and simmer 30 minutes. Bring soup to a boil and add in noodles and more water/broth if necessary, I like this soupy with lots of broth for dipping bread or crackers into. Simmer until noodles are tender, another 15 minutes.

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment