Chinese Carrots

Filed under , by Miranda on 3:05 AM

0

I have been watching my helper, May, make some chinese dishes for a while so I wanted to post them for others to try and for my own safe keeping. We LOVE the fresh, healthy and authentic taste of the Chinese food we've eaten while we've been in China. This may be ghetto style recipe sharing as I won't always have exact amounts but I'll try to be specific. And since I only use what we have here it's already authentic so if you need to add more or get creative to make it taste how you like, feel free. That's what May is always telling me "there's no recipe" and "it's so simple to make this food". I don't know about some of the dishes but this one is simple enough...


Will need:
Wok
1-2 T oil
1-2 cloves garlic
4-5 large carrots
1-2 t. soy sauce
1 t. salt


Boil some water in your wok on a stovetop. Depending on how much carrots your cooking, use about 1-2 cups of water. Enough to cover the carrots.
Peel and cut 4-5 large carrots on a bias, then slice again until you've made thin shoestring like carrots - not too thin of course. Go ahead and chop 1-2 garlic cloves.
When water is boiling, dump carrots in and rapid boil for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Make sure it's not for too long.
Take carrots out using slotted spoon and dump water. Briefly dry wok, then make sure wok is turned to high on stovetop again.
Pour 1-2 T. corn or vegetable oil in wok. Dump in garlic, 1-2 t. of soy sauce (we use dark), then carrots. Oil should spatter if the wok is at the high heat it's supposed to be at. Stirring constantly, then add 1 t. salt. Stir again for 2-3 minutes until done, not allowing the carrots to sit at all but moving them around until done.


Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment