Cumin Chili

Filed under , by Miranda on 3:38 AM

1

I find myself making a whole lot of soups this winter. We live somewhere pretty cold and it's such a comfort food. Soups can be thrown together quickly and made pretty cheap. We really like this variation on Chili using lots of cumin - a spice I'm pretty much obsessed with.


2-3 t. minced garlic
1 1/2 lbs ground beef
28 oz. can any kind canned tomatoes
2 T. tomato paste
1 T. cumin
1 t. basil
1 t. salt
1/4 t. black pepper
15 oz. can rinsed and drained kidney beans.

Cook garlic and beef in a medium saucepan. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer until thick. You can always add a can of corn or chopped up green pepper and onion.

Oh how I wish I could eat this with corn chips but that's not an option for me here in Asia :) We enjoy bread or crackers with it.

Comments Posted (1)

This sounds REALLY tasty! I might have to make it! Love me some cumin too! Makes my mom crazy!

Post a Comment