Fruit Cobbler

Filed under , by Miranda on 12:39 AM

1


This is so easy! I made this a few nights ago with fresh sliced peaches and a bit of blueberries and it turned out great. I love how simple it was and I didn't need a ton of spices or ingredients. This is not a super sweet cobbler, which made for a good duo with vanilla ice cream.


*1 package any frozen fruit or 2 C sliced fresh fruit. You can use whatever you want/have.
*1/4 C melted Butter
*1 C sugar
*1 C self-rising flour. (If you cannot find self-rising flour - I can't here where I live - then mix 1 t. baking powder and 1/2 t. salt to your all purpose flour)
*1 C milk

Place fruit in the bottom of any bakeware 9x13 style dish. Pour melted butter over the fruit.
In a seperate bowl mix sugar, flour and milk. Stir just until combined. Pour over the fruit.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Serve with ice-cream (optional).

Perfect for last minute company, easy family night dessert or I'd even take it to a brunch...or you could top it with creamy yogurt for a breakfast type cake/cobbler.

Comments Posted (1)

Hey Miranda....I grew up making cobblers with this very recipe.....love it!

Post a Comment