Super easy pizza dough.

Filed under , by Miranda on 11:40 PM

0

It's killing me but I've not been able to find wheat flour here yet. I think I can get some in the future, we will see. I've been making this simple, great tasting pizza dough each Friday since we have been here. I got it off a friend's blog who is a great cook. It's actually a foccacia bread recipe so it can go either way for pizza or bread.


Naomi's Foccacia Bread
2 c. warm water
2 c. flour
2 tsp. dry yeast

Mix into a slightly lumpy batter.
Add: 2 tsp. salt, 2 c. flour. Mix. Batter should be moist and still slightly lumpy.

Do not knead. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place 1-2 hours. When doubled, transfer to a slightly oiled sheet with fingers dipped in olive oil. Spread on cookie sheet to about 1/2 in. thickness. Prick with a fork. Top with anything (coarse salt, pepper, garlic, fresh rosemary, olives, tomatoes.) Bake at about 375 for 10-15 minutes. (if using as a pizza crust, bake for 8-10 minutes, just until a bit firm, then top with toppings, then bake again.)

**I make my own pizza sauce and after I've sprinkled it with garlic salt and rosemary and baked for 8-10 min. I throw on my sauce and toppings. It's so simple and reminds me of home :)

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment