Homemade BBQ sauce

Filed under , by Miranda on 8:39 AM

1

Here's my recipe for BBQ sauce. I use it in any of my recipes that call for bbq sauce, on bbq chicken pizza or over chicken breasts in my crockpot for pulled sandwiches. It's easy and I can freeze what I don't use in ziplocs so it's at hand for future meals and I'm not making it from scratch every.single.time.


1 small onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic
2 T. olive oil
5 1/3 c. ketchup
1 c. apple cider vinegar(I use any vinegar I have)
2/3 c. brown sugar
2/3 c. Worcestershire sauce
4 t. chili powder

Saute onion in oil, until translucent. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 20-30 minutes.

Comments Posted (1)

This is pretty much the BBQ sauce I haver used for years.....found it in one of those old church cookbook recipes that my sisters gave me when I got married years ago! It is interesting how many things we actually do have in common!

Post a Comment