Jerri's Spinach Salad with Warm Poppyseed Dressing

Filed under , by Miranda on 11:48 AM

0

So this is the second of my two favorite spinach salad's. I attribute this yummy salad to a good friend who is connected through my brother in law's family. Her name is Jerri-Ann. When Job was a baby (under a year) I would go hang out with her all the time. She had three little ones at the time and I loved just soaking up life with kids around. One night I ended up staying for dinner and out came this salad to the table...one bite and I was hooked.

Jerri's Spinach Salad with Warm Poppyseed Dressing

Dressing:
1 c. honey
1 1/4 t salt
1/2 c white vinegar
1 1/4 c oil
1 T onion (can be dried minced)
2 t poppyseed
Blend well in a blender and microwave for 30 seconds. Pour over salad while warm.
*This makes a LOT of dressing so if you don't want leftovers, half it...
Salad:
Torn baby spinach leaves
Cooked crumbled bacon
Quartered purple onion
3-4 hard cooked eggs
Diced, sauteed, salt and peppered chicken breast *optional - but great for a main dish salad*

Combine salad ingredients and pour dressing over salad before serving.

Comments Posted (0)

Post a Comment