Chicken Oriental

Filed under , , by Miranda on 4:58 AM

1

This recipe came about from one of my recipe swapping sessions with a close friend, Larissa. I've slightly changed a few things. She's a great cook and always has good ideas for me. I love knowing she's making things like this to love and serve her sweet family.


Chicken Oriental
4-6 Chicken Breasts
1 tbsp asian chile oil (or more if needed)
3 cloves garlic chopped or 3 tsp already chopped garlic
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 c. brown sugar
3 tbsp soy sauce
1/2-1 c. chicken broth
Put the chile oil in the bottom of a slow cooker until the bottom is covered, but not too much. Add the chicken, still frozen, sprinkle the garlic, onion and brown sugar on top and add the soy sauce next. If I have time I have cubed up the chicken before throwing it in the crockpot as well. Add chicken broth over everything, this will make a little more sauce from the dish to go over rice. Cook on high, about 2-3 hours and removed chicken and chop into chunks or cubes then add back to the crockpot and cook another 30 minutes to an hour. Serve with yummy brown rice and stir fried broccoli.

Yummy Brown Rice
Make your brown rice like you would from the package but add a few Tb of butter and use chicken broth instead of water. I often add salt and pepper to the broth while it's getting to a boil. This makes great brown rice with lots of flavor. Soaking brown rice the morning before you eat it that evening helps your body break down the nutrients better, it cooks faster too.

Easy Stir Fried Broccoli
Cut up broccoli into florets or small pieces. Throw it in a wok or saute pan with a few Tb of water or chicken broth over it and let that evaporate as your stir. Add chopped garlic, a little sugar and soy sauce to taste and saute until soft and done.

Comments Posted (1)

I totally don't remember this recipe! I am glad it's good I might have to try it over again!

Post a Comment